WhatsApp is a free messenger app that is used by more than billions of tablet users from all around the globe to stay in touch with their friends and families. This incredible messenger uses the internet connection of your tablet (4G, 3G, 2G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi) and allows you to message and make calls to your loved ones. If you are using the updated version of WhatsApp, then you will be also able to make video calls to other WhatsApp users.
Most people who use Android tablets will be easily able to install and use WhatsApp on their device. Therefore, if you want to use WhatsApp on your tablet, then it is wiser to look for Android tablets or a cheap tablet, which supports the software application. Most tablets that satisfy these two requirements are usually able to support WhatsApp.
- Runs on Android 2.3.3 or above versions
- Able to receive calls and SMS during the initial verification process
One of the most important things to keep in mind before trying to install WhatsApp on your tablet is that this software application uses the phone number of users, which means that you should have an active SIM in your Android tablet. If you don’t have an active SIM in your tablet, then you will not be able to complete the initial verification in WhatsApp, which means that you will not be able to use it.
On the other hand, if there were an active SIM in your tablet, then the installation and activation of the app would be very simple. Below are a few tips that will help you install WhatsApp on your device.
- Access the Settings menu on your tablet, select Security and then enable Unknown Sources so that you don’t have to go to Google Play Store for installing the app.
- Download a WhatsApp APK file from a reliable website and make sure you are downloading the latest version of the app.
- Pull down the notification bar after downloading the app and gently tap on it to start the installation process.
- Select Agree and Continue when the welcome screen of WhatsApp appears on your tablet.
- Now enter your valid phone number and country of residence.
- Choose SMS verification or Call verification for receiving a verification code on your device to activate the app.
- Enter the verification code when asked, and continue.
You will now be able to use WhatsApp on you tablet. If you are still unable to complete the verification process on your device, seek the help of an experienced tablet technician.