Google has packed many capabilities and features in their Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The System UI Tuner is a new feature that allows users to customize the Quick Settings panel and status bar. Another useful feature is the multi window mode.
Multi window feature in Marshmallow allows you to use more than one app at the same time in a split window. The feature is not available on all Android devices; however, the feature works well on those running on stock Android Marshmallow OS. In low cost Android tablets, you will need to root the device to take advantage of the feature.
Note that rooting should be done with utmost care. If you do anything wrong, chances are that you might render the device unusable. Manufacturers might not support rooting their devices and the beginner Android user will not be able to follow the steps to root their device.
The steps to enable multi window mode in low cost Android tablets after enabling rooting, as offered by wholesale Android tablets dealers, are shared below.
Steps to Enable Multi Window Mode in Android Marshmallow With Rooting
- Hold down the Power and Volume Down button to boot the tablet in Recovery Mode.
- Choose Mount/System from the menu that appears.
- Connect the device to your PC and open Command Prompt.
- Type in or copy and paste adb pull/system/build.prop in the command line.
- Open the file in a text editor and find the build.type code.
- Find User and after the Equal sign, change it to userdebug. Save the changes that you have made.
- Type or copy paste adb push build.prop /system/ in the command window.
- Type in adb shell to open a shell window and type cd system in the window.
- Type chmod 644 build.prop and save the file.
- Now reboot the Android tablet, and navigate to the Developer Options Choose Drawing from the list of options and enable Multi Window.
These steps will enable you to view two windows in split screen mode. After successfully finishing the steps, you can take advantage of the split screen mode, so that you can multi task on the device. If you do not feel confident after reading through the steps, it will be a wiser idea to seek help of an Android technician or a friend who is proficient in the operating system to root the device and enable split screen mode.